Wednesday, February 19, 2014

"Snowy Marsh"

"Snowy Marsh"  12"x 16", oil on canvas panel,  $800 framed

This is the second of four winter paintings I've completed in four weeks of very cold and snowy weather.  It's been an absolutely beautiful winter season!   It's a scene of a completely covered snowy marsh creek basin that flows northwest from Moot's Creek which is just west of Brookston.   The temp was about 5F so I intentionally drove out to this spot which I thought might be "good", jumped out of my car in the late afternoon with a setting sun, took several photo references, and choobled back to my warm studio.  For the painters who are reading this, I loved painting it on a Raymar canvas panel that was half flax and half cotton (They call it a "smooth cotton" for portraits, but it's actually half flax which is why I like it.)  There are two more winter paintings in this series which I'll post in the next few days, but I want you to see them one at a time so each can stand on its own.  

Thanks so much for your emails.  It's great to hear from you, and thank you for viewing my painting.
--Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment