Sunday, February 16, 2014

January Thaw


"January Thaw"  12" x 16", Oil on linen panel,  $800 framed  © K.H. Clark

Goodness, it's been so long since I sent out a blog that I bet you've about given up on me ever sending one again.  Well, I want to change my ways and post new paintings as they're finished.  I know I have some catching up to do, but will begin with some new ones.

It's been a cold, cold winter as you probably are well aware of if you live east of the Rockies.  A snowy winter presents many beautiful colors and light in the landscape.  This painting is of Moot's Creek, just west of Brookston, IN.  It was completely frozen with a full cover of snow until the January thaw melted the huge drift and allowed the creek to flow some.   The setting sun created the "wow" effect on that drift about 5pm one day.   I took a photo reference and painted it in my warm studio which was a delight!

Remember, I always love to hear from you.   Stay warm!
Kathryn



No comments:

Post a Comment