Saturday, February 18, 2012

It's Good to be Painting Again in 2012

I'm shocked to see that I haven't sent a post since November 8th.  To catch you up,  the holidays are always a busy time and therefore not much time for painting.  We had a cozy holiday at home over Christmas and the New Year, but then met my twin sister on Big island, Hawaii for our birthday in January.  Sorry, no painting, with only a week to explore.  I dropped my camera and thought I broke it, as it was jammed, i.e. not working, no more photos of Hawaii.  However, after returning home, my local camera store, Barry's in Lafayette, IN, brought it back to life--a little miracle I thought.  I'd like to paint an image of the black lava against the ocean, and I did get a couple of photos I could use as a reference, so who knows.  There may be a lava painting in my future.  Then in February, Howard and I gave a lecture and workshop on hand papermaking at the Ringling College of Art & Design in Sarasota, FL., helping them set up a Book Arts Program.  So you see this winter has been filled with sun and sand and many amazing people in Sarasota.  Along with all that,  I started to teach private lessons in oil painting in January which is also taking time away from painting.  However, I do have a new painting or two to show you.

"Afternoon at Burnett's Creek", 20" x 16", oil on linen canvas, $900

"May Iris", 14" x 11", oil on canvas panel, 2010, sold for $900

While I was in Florida, the Art Museum of Greater Lafayette had their annual fund raiser dinner and auction for Valentines Day, "The Heart of Art".   Three artists were asked to donate a painting, and many other objects and fun events were auctioned as well.  I donated  "May Iris" and was delighted that it sold for $900.  Wish I could have been there, but it's a law of nature that everything happens at once. 

I have another painting to show you as soon as I get it photographed so, hopefully, I'll get back in the rhythm of sending a blog this year.  You can see all my paintings on my web site  www.kathrynclarkfineart.com
I hope your winter has been as warm as mine was.  Thank you for viewing my art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment