Wednesday, May 12, 2010

More Flowers from my Garden in a Vase

Having never painted flowers much in oil , I decided to paint another Tree Peony, and then the Iris began to bloom so they ended up in a vase too.  Painting in my studio is a more secure environment when there's a spotlight on the flower in a vase rather than the sun moving, changing shadows, etc.  Here are two examples;  tomorrow, or when ever it decides to stop raining and the sun should come out, I'll tackle the flowers in their natural environment---the garden.

If the sun comes out tomorrow, I'll paint from my garden.  Spring perennials are so fleeting and precious.  As soon as their gone, we have to wait a whole year to see them again!  When I paint them, I see them in a whole new way.  And I hope you do too.
Remember, your comments are appreciated.  Welcome to Spring and soon Summer! For purchase information, see my web site, www.kathrynclarkfineart.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment