Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fleeting May Flowers Picked from My Garden

                  "May Garden Flowers",  oil,  14" x 11"   www.kathrynclarkfineart.com

Goodness!  I wish I could make time stand still in my garden for about three weeks while I paint the peonies, European and Japanese irises, and poppies.  Well, I plunked a few into another vase and painted them in my studio a couple of days ago.   The "in my studio" aspect is in preparation for a workshop I'm taking from Diane Tesler this weekend up in Kewanna, Indiana on painting Still Lifes.  I've painted fewer than five still lifes in oil, unless you count these flowers, so it will be interesting to explore this genre and find out why she likes it.  She also paints large canvases, so I'm looking forward to learning her tricks about stretching large pieces of canvas over wooden stretchers.  Have a good weekend!

Remember I always enjoy your comments, and please forward this blog to others who may enjoy receiving it.

1 comment:

  1. Kathryn...Very nice series. Colors look so rich and great contrast with the dark background. Is there a Hoosier Salon entry among the group? Deadline approaching.

    ReplyDelete