Thursday, April 1, 2010

Third in the Series of "Girl with the Black Ear Ring"


For the third of four sessions of painting from the model in the same costume, I decided to paint on one of the colored Twinrocker watercolor papers.  They make watercolor paper in White and four colors.  Ilove all the colors, but this is the palest and is called "Pale Dusty Rose" and is exactly that, a pale dusty rose color.  Also with this painting, I wanted to make the figure a little older looking and with a "mature character", i.e. not a twenty year old.  The paper color also made me want to change the color of her scarf and the white bloused to something more dramatic.  I could have painted the blouse with a White Titanium Dioxide, but white was just too close to the value of the paper.  Which figure do you like best and why?

Next week, I'm going to try to paint the same model in oil from a different pose. There are also new paintings on my web site www.kathrynclarkfineart.com.  Have a good week, and remember that I enjoy hearing your comments.  Also, please share this blog with friends who might enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment