Friday, March 12, 2010

Painting from a Cowboy Model at the Eiteljorg Museum

I am so excited  that I was able to add this new "Receive This Blog by E-mail" feature so you don't have to search for it.  Just type in your e-mail address, and you'll get the newest blog by e-mail when ever I send one.  Then, if you want to see the past postings, you can go to my regular blog address.  I'll continue to show new drawings and paintings as well as share information on both handmade and machinemade artist papers.

After I posted yesterday's sketch of the cowboy at the Eiteljorg Museum of Western Art, I found a couple of photos of the model posing for the painters in the main corridor of the museum.  The visitors to the museum were quite surprised to see this art in action!  but loved it after the initial shock.

Here I am beginning a watercolor of the Black Cowboy model on Twinrocker's colored watercolor paper called "Patriot", which is a tan color.

And here's the finished watercolor:

2 comments:

  1. Nice job....bet that was a fun experience. Hope they do it next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, the Eiteljorg was so delighted with the whole experience that they want to host their OWN PAINT-INS in the future which would be open to the whole community. IPAPA is now looking for other different venues, but I think that the Eiteljorg is ideal.

    ReplyDelete