Saturday, September 4, 2010

August in Oregon Painting Plein Air

At the end of July, I flew to Eugene, Oregon to visit my twin sister, Peg, who is also an artist.  Our first outing was a trip to the coast in Newport to join a group of Eugene Plein Air Painters.  The coast is so, so beautiful in Oregon with rocky cliffs, coastal pines, pale sandy beaches, and outcroppings of basalt that line the shore--waves crashing, sea lions sunning themselves, sea gulls and of course the beautiful setting sun.  Most of the Oregon coast is wild with few tourists, and every inch of it is public land. Here's my first plein air painting in Newport, near the light house:


"Fog Approaching", alla prima oil on canvas panel, 12" x 9".


In the next few days, I'll post my other Oregon paintings.  On this Labor Day weekend, as the summer comes to a close, I hope the past three months have been all you wished for.  As always, I'd love to hear from you. And please pass this blog along to other you think may enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment