Friday, May 7, 2010

Flowers from my Spring Garden


Wow, I see it's been almost a month since I created a post to this blog.  Spring gets quite busy for a landscape painter with all the good weather.  I was supposed to spend a week in New Harmony, IN painting in this quaint, historic village at the tip of the boot of Indiana where the Ohio and Wabash Rivers come together.  My husband, Howard, and I rented a lovely house for the week with some other painters, and I had a great time the first three days painting (finished three) until my back muscles spasmed and I had to come home early.  Now at home my body feels less stressed in my studio so I picked some flowers from my garden and plunked them into a vase for still life paintings.

          "Two Parrot Tulips",  14" x 11", oil on linen canvas attached to wooden panel.

                   "April Tree Peony",  14" x 11",  oil on linen canvas attached to wooden panel.

The "Tree Peony" will be a wedding present, but the "Parrot Tulips" are for sale.  You can see these paintings and others with their respective prices on my web site.  www.kathrynclarkfineart.com.  Remember, I always like to hear from you.  Now my back is feeling better and I'm itching to venture out into the uneven ground of the landscape with all my painting gear.




                  

No comments:

Post a Comment